Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saturday Morning Doctor, Lunch And Shopping

It was 9 something when we woke up this morning. I slipped as I got out of bed and landed on my arse on the Persian rug at the edge of the bed. Sam looked bemused, as I was startled, looking back at him, I guess, also bemused. Shit, hey?

I went to the supermarket and got milk and bananas and ciabatta bread, which is nice with butter and Vegemite for breakfast. Remember, Sam hates cereal, with a passion. 


"Boring fucking food, I don't know how you eat it."

I also got peanut butter and hazelnut spread, lovely. There was also spreadable marshmallow called Fluff, which I looked at, inspected, turned the jar over and felt how light the whole thing was then placed it back on the shelf with a reproachful shake of the head. I have never seen something so white.

I remember, in America they had a product called (something like) Fluff n Udder, which was striped marshmallow and either jam and/or peanut butter.

It was a lovely morning for a walk and I was sorry that I didn’t take my phone to take some photos.

Sam had to see Doctor Johnny at 11.30am, the continuing saga of his wart on his heal. So we headed off down to Victoria Street on our usual Saturday morning walk. It was cold today, so I pushed Sam over to the sunny side of the street. Doctor Johnny is always running late, so I stopped off at the only coffee shop in Victoria Street to drink coffee, rather than sitting dutifully in Dr Johnny’s waiting room, much to Sam’s chagrin. Sam wanted me to sit with him in the docs waiting room on the hard chairs reading the year old magazines. I had fresh coffee instead and the latest newspaper.

Victoria Street was kind of deserted, something you rarely see, which will become rarer and rarer due to the idiot decisions of this governments planning minister, Mathew Guy, and the over abundance of flats which are now being built at the far end of Victoria Street.

No comments: