Monday, June 03, 2013

Just Do It, Don’t Stress. Use Your Brain. And You Know What, It Always Works Out

 It was a grey morning.

It was gridlock in Fitzroy/Abbotsford as I tried to drive to work this morning. There were cars banked back around the boulevard – read Victoria Crescent – back to Mollison Street, even back to Langridge. I discovered the problem after I had inched around to Victoria Street, it was a parking lot. I had to turn right instead of left, for the first time ever and head around to Church and to Buckingham. They were invading from the left hand side streets as I headed down Buckingham, of course.

The lollipop lady wasn’t chatting to anyone this morning. There even seemed to be children approaching her. It seemed like I might get the Stop sign for the first time. I pushed my foot down on the accelerator.

I had a difficult problem to fix today, one that I didn’t, really, understand. I hate that, it makes me nervous. But, you know, I have learnt one thing over the years, if I don’t panic and get that brain foggy thing going, I can, actually, do anything.

And, you know, ask questions. There are no stupid questions.

Just do it, don’t stress. Use your brain. And you know what, I got it all worked out. I just have to pull it together tomorrow. Easy peasy. Why did I doubt myself? Stupid really. 

I think the people who do great things are just those people who step forward and put all of the energy the rest of us put into telling us we can’t do something into actually do it.


There was, what looked like a dodgy guy walking up X Street as I turned into my lane way. As my roller door opened and I slipped the car into gear, I noticed someone running up the laneway behind me. For a moment, I thought it was the dodgy guy, probably with a sharpened shank in his hand ready to rob me the moment my roller door touched the ground again. I got a chill, stupid me. The things we think?

It was Sam running up the laneway behind me.

Buddy didn’t come out of his kennel, and I was able to show Sam how Buddy some days must just think, er, I’m nice and warm in here, to tell you the truth. He soon came out when he realised it was “favourite” Sam.


We took Buddy for a walk, ending up at the supermarket, naturally. No day is complete without a trip to the supermarket.

We made seafood risotto, because we had a lemon. Sam is so funny with his meal choices, so often it is because we have the herb. 

“We can have such and such because we have parsley.” 

He makes me laugh. But, you know, he makes me laugh so often and not just with his dietary choices. Have I mentioned lately that I love my boyfriend? He is just the loveliest boy in the world. I’m not sure that I have reiterated that, just lately.

I called Jill, Lachlan isn’t home yet. Jill said he didn’t seem all that well when she visited today.  “I looked into his little face and it just didn’t look so perky.”

I called Anthony, he was a few sherries down. He seems to be back to sedating himself with liquor. He was funny, quite a laugh. He’d sent me an email which made no sense what so ever, so I called him, he insisted that he had made complete sense, as drunks often do.

No, my home phone number still hasn’t been ported by TPG, what is it a month now.

I pissed around with photos for the rest of the night on my laptop, as we watched Teeev.

 We watched to two taped episodes of Britain’s Best Drives. Richard Wilson is so the wrong host for that show. You’d think with a TV show that has the premise of driving the routes of 1950’s country drives as recommended by the guide books of the time, in the cars of the period, you’d have a host who is a car enthusiast – hopefully a 1950’s car enthusiast, which I must say that I am – and would therefore just naturally be a good driver. You’d think. He is just a hopeless driver and seemingly not that interested in driving either. One of the episodes we watched was in a Triumph TR3 and at one point Richard Wilson looks around the interior of the car as he is getting out and he says, Who’d have a car like this?

No! Fail! Get someone else. Richard May, of course, would be the perfect choice. Oh, I would have sooooooo loved to have done it. Anybody would be better.

Richard Wilson is terrible, for this show. I found him so irritating that I could barely continue to watch. Or as Sam said, You are only making my ears bleed with your outbursts. 

He didn’t even want to drive the 1950’s sedans, as the second episode I had taped and last episode of the series showed us. What? OMG!!!!! It would have been the greatest pleasure.

We watched Masterchef and recorded The Voice. I want to see what that hot blond tenor comes up with this time.

I am just having a moment’s time out from the paintings on my walls, to let the ideas coalesce. But, I am pretty sure I know what I want to do. Lovely. That is, that the paintings I want to add to the collection of paintings I have in my entrance hallway wall are the ones I have already decided upon. I have to frame up a water colour. I have to attach the smallest painting I have to the larger than I would like gap between the other paintings.

Eventually, I’d like to buy some original paintings by local artists and add them to the mix.


No comments: