Friday, July 19, 2013

Pissing Around

I can piss around for hours and do nothing and be perfectly happy. It is true. It has been true of me ever since I was a kid. I could sit in my bedroom for hours and day dream and be perfectly happy, nothing has changed. I still day dream.

Even this blog fits right into my form of procrastination. (I should investigate advertising for it, as much as I am against it, and at least let it pay) I write this when I should be writing a best selling novel. Ha ha. Short stories then.

Today, I am supposed to be packing to go away. I am supposed to be doing the preliminary stuff, you know, find all the stuff that I am most likely to forget - locate my camera battery charger, find the power adapter for Vietnamese power plugs, organise the notes I want to study on the airplane, find the two novels I want to take with me.

I'm supposed to have been doing things all week, and I have done nothing. I really haven't. Zip. Niente. On my fat arse, ta di da.
I promised myself this morning that I wouldn't waste the day, but I did. What is that about?

I've taken Buddy to the vet, twice, this week, he has developed a sore paw. But, I had to do that, as a sore paw waits for no man, besides he is going on holidays up the farm with the Kelpies and he has to take his A game up to the country dogs. All parents want to send their children to camp with the best possible chances. Ha ha. (Mark would vomit, he hates poofs with dog substitute .. whatever it is he says they are) 

But that had to be done... and, I work best under pressure. Actually, truthfully, I only work under pressure. Take the pressure off and I'll be looking at French Provincial Houses on the net, or adding entries to my 1999 journal.

I met a nice lady at the vet with her poodle who said she'd seen me with Buddy down Smith Street,
"Oh he's lovely, isn't," she said. She patted him. "Quite a show stopper as everyone stops to say hello to him."
I wasn't sure if that was quite true, but it nice none the less.

I stopped the mail today, but of course, I had to do it today. It is going to take Aust Post practically a week to stop it, next Thursday apparently, but it is now crossed off the list. 

I usually always get things done. No, I always get everything done, but sometimes the pace I work at gives the more uptight amongst us nose bleeds. Nobody in particular, well, nobody in my life now a days.

It is a good thing that Sam is as relaxed about things as I am. Actually, he is not quite as "loose" as I am, but he's not the wound up type either. He has a list. Thank the universe for Sam's list.

No comments: