Monday, August 11, 2014

Back To My Second Home




I’m back to Richmond Manufacturing. Yay. My home away from home.

Jude told me that Boss Cathy said to her, “I’m not going to pay Christian to come back here if all he does is talk to you on internal messaging.”


I’m actually filling in for Boss Cathy. One of the rare moments I am taking on the Financial Managers role, Jack asked me to do it.

“No thanks,” I said to Jack.

“Go on, I need you to do it as a favour. I don't have anyone else, and I know you can do it. And they love you there, nothing but glowing reports.”

“Those payments I make into the staff social fund help.”

Jack laughed.

What can I say, I am putty when Jack sweet talks me. 


Bitch, I thought. “Really,” I said. “Why would she even think that?”

“Christine would have told her,” said Jude.

“Really?” I couldn’t see that.

Later, I realised I left one of the last messages Jude and I sent to each other in Outlook and the other accountant, cute Greek John, who I kind of trained when he was still a newbie, was using my Outlook. I’m guessing that is how she got wind of it. 

It was kind of cute, as they just for a replacement just to do the days I couldn’t do while I was still at ABC Finance.

I’ll slap John’s arse when I see him. (How I would love to slap John’s arse)

I was always chatting Jude up. Well, maybe not chatting him up, but we just always go on so well, right from the first day we met. We just chatted away like we’d know each other our whole lives.

It was good to see him.

Jude smiled his gorgeous blond haired, blue eyed face at me. I shrugged.

“Nyr,” I said. “It’s just us for a month, what do we care.”

“Yeah, while the witch is away.”

“Jude?” I said.

“Well, it’s true,” he said.

That was the first time I’d heard that. I thought everything was kosher in manufacturing world. 


No comments: