It is Halloween , i just got better only to surcome to Ailean's illness again . I have been desperately ill . Saw my Doc today and my lungs are crackling like wild fire , it's Viral nothing can be done except for expectorant . I bought some today and both of us are taking it for five days , Robittassin . No sudo ephedrine which makes me sleep funnily enough and as Ail can't breath after a coughing fit i have to be alert. I am in a living hell. Despite all of that , i managed to cook a Chicken Korma for dinner , it was outstanding. Now off to bed and cough myself to sleep with exhaustion. Antony
Antony chain smokes, maybe that has something to do with your lungs ‘crackling like wildfire’, luv. What an expression. Of course, he won’t be told, probably completely convinced it is Ailean’s lurgy?
And you know, that is way before we mention, I bring my hand to my mouth and make an action of drinking. He is a total piss pot. That, of course, has nothing to do with anything either. No, not for a minute.
That boy is a constant worry.
I spoke to my neighbour Beck tonight, as we put our bins out. Beck says that idiot woman is going to pick out the front of Gordon’s old house in heritage colours. We both shook our heads.
“The three terrace houses need to be painted the same colour,” I say.
“Absolutely,” slurred Beck.
I thought Beck had had a few wines. We stood on the foot path and chatted for ages. She told me she had a terrible cold and that she should head off to St Kilda where she was going all along. She said she owns two apartments, that was the first I’d heard about that, one of which is in St Kilda. She was going there to sleep the night. Huh? How does that make any sense, are you saying you have empty apartments dotted around Melbourne, but I decided not to ask, in case she told me.
She was clearly up for a chat. I’m up for a chat as much as the next peasant, catching up with the neighbourly goss, and all, but I was starting to get antsy by the end of it.
She said there was a terrible smell from the sewer up the back. I wondered if she wanted me to offer to put money towards a plumber to check out the smell. You can just tell, by the way someone says something. I didn’t offer. And at that point I decided to make my exit, stage left. Get your own plumber, I thought. You own two apartments, after all.
We ate fried rice for dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment