Sunday, February 01, 2015

Tony, Tony, Tony, Not Smiling Now, I Bet.

Translation of Tony Abbott’s, “I have listened and learnt from what the people have said.”

Tony on his knees in front of his party room, hands in the air.

“Guys, guys, I will do anything you want. Anything? Please, please don’t take my prime minstership away from me. I like being the captain and getting to sit in the big chair in the green house. Please, please don’t take that away from me. Please? Please? Please?" Clasped hands, like an alter boy kneeling before a seminarian. "I'll do whatever you want. Whatever? Anything! Exterminate the dole bludgers? Make Gina a Dame? SUCK RUPERT'S COCK? What do you want?” I see tears at this point, like a journalist in the middle east begging for his life, but maybe that just amuses me.

I see Bronwyn Bishop in a g-string and pasties, machete in one hand about to swing it down, furiously fingering herself with the other hand, as she, deludedly, sees the possibility of the glorious realisation of her own prime mister ambitions. Nitrous back pack strapped on over her shoulders, as she gasps into the mouth piece. Her beehive quivering in anticipation...

Oh, did I say that out loud? Sorry.

So to the people of Queensland - and the people of Victoria - who delivered a result that no one expected, well done. You have stood up to stop the corporatisation of the country. You have told those who think that wealth and power gives them the right to dictate to us, to put profit over people with no thought to the consequences of their greed. You have sent a message to those people who think wealth some how puts them above the democratic process and entitles them to just govern for the rich.

So bring on the NSW election to stop Mike Baird from destroying our farmland and giving away our public land to developers.

I look forward to, what can only be, Tony Abbott's grovelling address to the National Press Gallery on Monday.


No comments: