Saturday, February 07, 2015

My Day In Words




We went to bed last night with our balcony doors open, the fan on, covered just in a sheet. It was hot. 

I woke up to Sam and Buddy in the bed. Bud appeared in the middle of the night. I staggered into the bathroom and had a piss at 5am. When I came back to bed, I reached across the bed to get the doona as it was cool by then. Sam reminded me Buddy was there when I proceeded to pull the doona over him. Oops.

I dreamt that I was made manager of the Maribynong Drive In. Or was it the Moonee Ponds Drive In. Whichever.

I did that once, when I first left uni, I bet you didn’t expect me to say that. It was when I suddenly realised I didn’t want to be a pen pusher in an office for the rest of my life, just at the moment I got qualified to be a pen pusher in an office, so I tried other things. Being a Drive In manger was one of those things. I reckon it was my most fun job.

We got up earlyish. We did screens as we drank coffee.

We walked into the city and ate Thai food at the Paramount Food Court. 

The city was very quiet, I’m not really sure why, but it was.

We took the broken hard drive back to JB HiFi. The very grumpy shop assistant we saw seemed to begrudgingly replace it. He said, “We are replacing this today in good faith… blah, blah, blah.” Something about really needing to diagnostic tests over it, but in the absence of these, he’d replace it in good faith.

We went to the Asian grocer afterwards, where Sam told me he broke it by trying to upgrade its software which it can’t do and he tried to force it and it never worked again after that.

I started to explain to Sam what “in good faith” meant, but we both laughed before I got done.

It was a warm day again, but the sun didn’t shine and there was a bit of a breeze.

We walked home.

We shut the 35 degree world out. We listened to music until 5pm, they we watched the teev.

David called at 4.30pm to say that he’d only just woken up and that he was valiumed off his head, as David likes to wak up.

Anthony called to say that he was furious with me for responding to his “it is all over now, back on the cigarettes” with sensible advice. “Your name was black, let me tell you!”

We both laughed.

We ate noodles for dinner

We went to bed after midnight, Sam, Buddy and I.


2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

I've not had thick noodles like that before. Are they rice noodles?

FletcherBeaver said...

They are rice noodles with a hint of dried shrimp