Monday, February 09, 2015

Monday On MY Own - So Everyone Has Too Me To Expect




I headed to work when Sam did, getting to work just after 8am. I put 8am on my time sheet, fuck it I thought.

My first day on my own, with Kirin, of course, to pull it all together on my own. Yay. Good luck me. Shouldn’t be a problem, of course.

It is gradually getting hotter every day this week, culminating in 36 degrees on Wednesday.

We worked steadily all day the two of us. No more breaking into girly chatter intermittently. Thank the universe for that.

Do I like working with Kirin? Yeah, sure, why not. She’s okay. But remember, she doggedly sticks to the role I am doing, Financial Accountant, being a one person role, despite the last two people in the role not coping. Kylie, before Kerin, she said she was over worked and stressed out by the time her time came to an end. Kerin said she got so stressed she contemplated walking out into the traffic rather than returning to the office, which was the moment she resigned. And both of them have said that Kerin never helps, that she spends her days on her phone, seemingly doing her own work.

I’m only on a short contract, so what do I care.

I finished at 6pm. It is an easy walk home.


We walked Buddy to the supermarket.

We ate sausages and mashed potato and peas. I poured way too much milk into the potatoes to mash them and then just stared at the milky soup in disbelief at what I’d done. Oops. Sam rushed over and poured the whole lot into the sieve thingy and then dumped them back into the saucepan looking at me like I was useless when he’d finished. 

“I would have done that if you’d given me time,” I said.

He looked at me like he was doubtful.


I watched Car SOS late, the one where they do up the Mk1 Zephyr Zodiac, which was two toned grey and blue. 

I love that model Ford, it takes me back to the black one that (brother) Will was given when he was 18 years old. He pussied out with it, not long after he got it, and I was only 14 years old and I couldn’t claim it.


No comments: