Thursday, April 02, 2015

Nearly Chocolate Festival Time

It's 1am, I can't sleep. I fell asleep for half the night on the couch, before Sam kicked the chair and ordered me to bed. I tossed and turned when I got into bed.

One more day of work before the Easter break. My three week assignment, has turned into 7 months work. I finish after Anzac Day, the Monday after that. They finally got a new chick to fill the permanent position. She's a bit OCD, but nice. Whoever said those with OCD can't be nice? Not me. We'd most likely clash on the uptight/laid back dynamic, but probably not badly clash. we already joke about it. We laugh, we get on well. She says she is going to miss me. I'm wondering if that is just more of a comment on what she has in front of her, more so than anything I've been doing. She's very organised and has come from a very organised working environment, to our little corner of chaos. I guess I should have fixed things, I guess I should have reorganised stuff, but I was never going to get the permanent gig. She's going to have to learn to relax just a bit, or she won't like the job.

It's funny, she says I continually second guess myself, which is true, always double checking stuff, which is not bad in itself, just wasteful sometimes. That's what I can learn from this, trust myself, get some confidence back. 

In the last 12 months, I have taken on 2 short term contracts that have given me a years work. I guess that is good? I guess?

A day to go before the chocolate festival and time once again to bite the arse out of a chocolate bunny.

Come May 01st I am back to a regular company, I've worked for a lot, an old favourite, which is like an old glove, fitting like. 
Then, maybe, after that, back to the company I am working for now, there may be a merger, possibly, hopefully on the cards. Cross your fingers.

Anyway, I should try to get some sleep. Count sheep? Warm milk?

No comments: