Tuesday, April 21, 2015

What day is it?

I'm losing track of what day it is? It feels like a continual Saturday, every day. It kind of takes the wonder out of Saturday. What day is it? It feels like Saturday night. Nah, it doesn't take the wonder out of Saturdays, it spreads it around in a wonderful way. Ha ha, more for everyone when you don't have to work.

We're both still off work.

I sent Sam to Chadstone on his own today, as he had to meet with a client and he doesn't drive... and I didn't want to go to Chadstone. I was offered 2 hours of window shopping in exchange for a return trip to Chadstone... that was me driving and me wandering around aimlessly, kind of two propositions with no up side to the exchange. Called me Uber Christian. I turned it down. Am I bad?

Sam found the fashion bus to Chaddy, so why should I feel so mean? And it was free.

I stewed apples and pears and cleaned the kitchen - cleaning the kitchen is actually my job and if it needed to be done it indicates that I haven't been keeping up my end of the bargain, so it isn't actually a pat on the back.

I finally closed that spare credit card on which I have been getting the $100 annual fee reversed for the last few years. The big, bad bank said they couldn't reverse the fee again this year because I have had it reversed for the last few years, so I closed the credit card. Really, banks? I thought they worked for us.
It seemed to matter that the credit card was the only account I have with Westpac, so it seemed like the consensus was, let him go, we're not losing much with this one. I gleaned that from the Westpac Banking Professional's telephone conversation with Card services.

It was a lovely afternoon, so I walked into Fed Square and met Sam after his return from the south and we walked home together. That was me kind of squibbing it on the tough guy approach of "get ye to the client and don't expect me to drive you."

What can I say?

No comments: