Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Sun Shines In Through The Window, It Is A Lovely City (I Wonder Why I Wrote City?) Day.

We listened to Bowie as we sat at the coffee table, computers back to back, me working on my photos and Sam working on his freelance computer programming work, until Sam declared Bowie shit (he kept calling him Dylan, but with two musical legends it hardly seemed so wrong) and attempted to have it taken off. I resisted.

The sun shined in the window.

Buddy snored lying in the pool of sunshine falling just inside the window on the carpet.

Sam has the second screen attached to his lap-top, he is doing paid work, after all, as he reminded me when I asked if we had another "second" screen that I could use, misinterpreting what I had said as a request to use the second screen he is using. Ha, ha, ridiculous, as if - I'd think I could get away with that - I would ask such a thing. However, we have a number of screens stuffed away in cupboards that I wondered if I could use. He looked around his "second" screen and said that it would depend on how old they were and if they had capability to be used as second screens, then he returned to his programming. I sat there, behind the black screen blocking his face from my view and wondered if I should ask any more questions, like, "Well, how about checking for me." But, he didn't seem to have any intention of doing that, so I figured that was my answer without me even asking the question.

I was tempted to turn Suffragette City up, but that would be just to be annoying to get his attention.

My next assignment starts May 20th, so I decided that I should use the time constructively. I decided that I should get this collection of family photos finished once and for all and give them to my brother and sister so they wont think "Oh that's okay, Christian never finishes anything anyway," like they have historically, don't know why? But having rescanned all the old black and white photos after discovering my new scanner is way better than my old scanner and then consequently discovering that they all needed to be touched up and edited all over again, I remember why I got sick of the whole fucking process.

Sigh! I tell you what would make the whole process much easier? A second screen?

I hit play for Watch That Man.

No comments: