Sunday, September 25, 2016

Pills and Potions

I'm out of lysine and Olive Leaf Extract. I take lysine to ward off cold sores and olive leaf extract for... hmmm, well, why exactly do I take olive leaf extract? It is supposed to ward off colds and flus, which, I guess, is the reason I take it. Well, no, not really, I think it is some vague hope that it will give me something heading towards the Mediterranean Diet, which is supposed to be the healthiest diet. So, you can see that I am not immune to modern day advertising, 21st century nonsense.

But, protection from colds, and the like, is not so bad, I tell myself. I plead my reason. Hands and knees. Ha ha! I just had a vision of myself in a grey room with white marble fittings and fixtures, on my knees pleading for health and vitality... oh, I guess you had to be there. In my head, yes, that is, I guess, what I am saying... Alice through the looking glass and all of that. Inside my mind. There is ample justification in there for anything.

Anyway, I meant to buy replacements yesterday when we were in the city eating dumplings, but I forgot. Silly me. Forgot. So when it came time to take my morning pills and potions this morning, some of my pills remain absent. Oh dear, never mind. I hope I don't catch cold because of it? I'll go today, straight to the chemist, I'll have one of those and one of those, thank you very much. Yes, a bag, I'd like a bag. It is almost immoral to ask for a bag in a shop now a days, but when you have two glass jars, you never know when one may slip from your hand. You know, get a little anxious on, sweaty palms and all of that. Madness? No, I don't think sweaty palms is a sign of madness, I'm sure that was disproved with, well, pills and potions not doing you any good at all.

I also take fibre and apple cider vinegar in the mornings. There, I have admitted to everything. All the nonsense.

Anyway, down the hatch, apparently, I have to go grocery shopping. I shiver with anticipation. Not.

The sun shines in through the lounge room window. Buddy snores in the pool of bright light that falls across the carpet.

No comments: