Monday, September 19, 2016

The Sun Shines Again

Some days I feel crushed by the weight of my ordinariness.

Do you?

Plain. Nothing special. Everything is the same. Repeat cycle. Around again.

I don't know why? It just happens. Maybe, it is the position of the moon, maybe it is the alignment of the planets. (David would say it was) Maybe, it was something I ate. Maybe it was the exact combination of sugar from my cereal and caffeine from my morning coffee. Who knows?

Maybe, crushed is over stating it. What then? Become aware. Realise? Have it occur to you. See it in the light of day. Feel it tingle in my finger tips. Feel the hue of the day to day.

Maybe it is just Monday.

Buddy and I are still in bed, it is a lovely place to be. Buddy is snoring like a worn diesel engine. And as if on queue, he just chugged and snorted and burbled out loud. I rubbed his back and his legs stretch out, almost, automatically, and his paws made star 
shapes, as though Twinkle, twinkle, little star was playing in his head phones, and then they relax again.

I write in bed, which is good, not so many distractions and apart from a bit of a sore neck, it is productive, kind of. Once I have navigated my way through social media, news online and have avoided YouTube, so easily my destination for the day.

Now where is my short story?

Listening to Sarah Blasko, Flame Trees.

The sun shone down gloriously in the afternoon. Gotta keep up daily exercise, if I am going to sit on my arse for the rest of the time. I chatted to my neighbour, Jackson Wag, as I headed out. He is writing a murder mystery, he wants my help, he suggested I help him write it. This went through my mind as I walked in the sun, I probably should.

I've got to stop fearing that I can't do stuff, it is a waste of time. I've think more positively, I know that.

No comments: