Sunday, December 02, 2018

Banana and Chocolate Muffins

I was up early, 7am. (That is early for a Saturday) I made banana (bananas I stole from work, twice a week from the fruit bowl) and chocolate muffins for breakfast. For Sam. They were still warm when he got up.

I love quiet mornings. Headphones, a little Norah Jones.

I can fit three bananas in my work trouser pockets when I make coffee in the mornings, without anyone noticing. Well, I don’t think they notice. I’m there early, so there is no one there to notice. They re-fill the fruit bowl twice a week, so that is 6 bananas every week. Usually, I make banana cake on my days off, but I had a block of cooking chocolate I hadn’t used, so I made muffins.

Steeling bananas? Time to increase the fruit order, that’s what I say. The corporate world steels from the workers now, so what’s a few bananas? That is not the attitude, I hear some of you tutt through lips that your grandmother’s might have pursed. When was the last time you all had pay rises? If you don’t believe me. Proper pay rises? Pay rises that allowed you to keep up with the cost of living? Who doesn’t think they are going backwards, as CEOs buy new Rolls Royce’s and bigger beach houses?

But, you’ve got to love freshly cooked muffins. Freshly cooked muffins and a sweet, sweet boyfriend, what more could I want?

No comments: