Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Office Xmas Decorations

They’d (Our department) been busily doing Xmas decorations all day, as they wanted to win the Melbourne office Xmas decoration competition. (Roll of the eyes)

Even Melissa got involved, but I figured that was because our boss Tony hated her and she was going for brownie points.

Word had come down from one of the other floors that one of the other departments were taking winning seriously, and they were going to be tough to beat. (Why they kept doing updates next to my desk I didn’t know)

2.30pm. Jesse suggested they put Declan in tights and then he could play Elf on the Shelf. I was all for seeing Declan in tights and a little elf hat, but he declined.

Truthfully, I had no idea what Elf on the Shelf, actually, was. I am assuming Declan would become a part of the Xmas decorations and he’d, actually, be sat on a shelf. Maybe, that was just because I thought Declan would look adorable like that? I could have that completely wrong. (shrug) It would have been an innovative approach, let’s face it.

Stephanie asked Declan if he'd do it if he was drunk. (Stephanie and I get along really well. We have the same sense of humour) I was all for seeing Declan drunk in a pair of tights and a cute elf hat. A whole lot of images came to mind with Declan drunk playing Elf on the Shelf. (shake of the head)

Word comes down later in the afternoon, no one is going to beat the other department.

Declan goes to investigate. He takes his phone to take photos.

Declan comes back. He didn’t take any photos and his only comment was, “We’re screwed.”

Not that I cared. In fact, the perpendicular side of my personality thought, If Declan isn’t going to put on the tights, and get on that damn shelf, I hope they lose.” (Notice it is ‘they’ now, and not ‘we’)

No comments: