Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Stepping Out

When I go out these days, with glasses and a mask and headphones, there is an awful lot going on about my ears.

I had Bruno in one hand, well, his lead, and a phone, and the census envelope and my wallet, so there was a lot going on with my hands, too.

And track pants with no pockets.

And I was trying to pick what music to play. I needed another hand.

I was standing still just outside my gate, but there was a lot going on.

 

Why do I fill out a paper census? (It took 5 minutes with large strokes of my pen) Really why? I think the govt has too much surveillance of us now, thanks to the, essentially democracy corrupting, Liberal Party declaring everything of nation security importance to avoid tricky questions being asked, so if they want my details the govt can work hard to get them and not have them handed to them on a platter like a well trained minion of the ruling class.

It is a minor tyranny, I grant you.

And, it is going to be that way until the govt does what I consider to be important, free medical, free education, meaningful welfare, proper treatment of refugees, some attempt at equality in our society, climate change policies that work, because when it is all said and done, without proper climate change policies, even if we don’t get the rest of the policies I want, the census isn’t going to be of any good to anyone because we won’t be here to put the data to good use.

And if we don’t get the rest of the policies, and inequality rages like it has been ever since the conservative government has been in power, we won’t have a society worth living in any way.

 

Bruno pissed on everything between my front gate and the post box, more often than not with a jerk on the lead, which, if I wasn’t expecting him to do so, would send me sideways off course, he being close to 30 kilos now a days. And being quite a determined, adult bulldog. He’ll be 3 next birthday. Of course, he wanted to say hello to every other dog he saw, close by, or across the road and away a bit. He’d stop and do his best impersonation of a pointer, well, as much as a flat faced dog can impersonate a pointer.

I settled on Dark Side Of The Moon, just by chance as I was scrolling through, as I was trying to hang on to everything. That heart beat at the beginning, the beat just naturally fell in sync with my footsteps, as it turned out.


No comments: