Sunday, August 29, 2021

The Weekend

So, the weekend went fast, whoosh. Sunday went even faster than Saturday, so it seemed. It rained mostly, that is how I'd sum the weekend up, rain.

I had my first wood cutting accident, in all the time I have been cutting wood, how many years has that been? I was cutting kindling and the axe missed the thin piece of wood that I was trying to split, hitting my finger, which pushed it down onto the jagged edge that was sticking out and a piece the thickness of a chop stick went into my finger like a thick splinter. It was okay. It's just that moment that I had to pull the wood out of my finger again, which was the bitch. It bled, but nothing some Betadine and a bandaid didn't fix. It's sore, but it will heal, hey.

I only walked for exercise one out of the two days. 😞

I walked the dogs on both days. We got that black sky and bright sun at one stage, which is always kind of dazzling.

I saw a guy get thrown out of a tobacconist accused of stealing for the third time by the guy who ran the shop. The guy who was accused really lost his shit and was screaming at the shop guy as though he was going to attack the shop guy, all the time the shop guy was on the phone saying he was calling the police. In the middle of it all, Buddy headed over for a pat, just moments before the accused wannabe thief started to really lose his shit. So as he was starting to scream and projectile spit, I was bending at his thighs grabbing Buddy's harness. So, yay Bud. 👍

Sam went to the Asian grocer, and Buddy, Bruno and I sat on a window sill and watched the screaming match unfold from a safe distance.

Tomorrow I have my second covid vaccine, and I will be fully vaccinated. Yay me.


No comments: