Thursday, November 11, 2021


Bruno and I were sitting on the couch this morning at 6am when were heard a Gsssh, Gsssh, Gsssh, which sounded like it was right above our heads. Bruno sat there with his head tilted and his serious bulldog face on, as I jumped up and headed outside to see what it was. 

Well, I knew what it was.

The big balloon sounded like it was furiously hitting the gas to rise up over the houses, but it didn't look like it was succeeding.

I was just about to rush out the front to see what was happening, when, you know, it was early and I hadn't had my first coffee and I thought, Nyr, who cares, I'm heading back to the couch, it was probably going to be fine, and if not, I'd see it on the 6pm news.

Bette Midler doing, Why Bother, came into my head, and I chuckled, as I headed inside.

And then I went and watched Bette Midler on YouTube. You know, if ever I need cheering up, not that I needed cheering up this morning, I go and watch Bette Midler on YouTube, and as gay as I am sure that probably sounds, it’s true. She is joyous in what she does.

Not that that has anything to do with this morning, but there you go, next time you are down, give the Divine Miss M a go, better than my friend David’s Valium habit, I can tell you. Certainly cheaper.


No comments: