Saturday, November 20, 2021

A Big Garden, A Little Lunch

Into the garden bright and early. It is time for the annual creeper prune. When I look at it at this time of year, I always say to myself, did we prune this last year?

It is a Climbing Fig that has taken over the side wall of the house, and then some, as opposed to the rampant potato vine which I have recently hacked back on the back fence.

The creeping fig needs to be pruned annually to stop it taking over the suburb. Today was the day. Actually, I started it a few days ago, when I trimmed it back from a monster to one of those romantic Tuscan vines on a century old brick wall, but this morning I finished it. Actually, I filled the garden bin and then I was done. There is still some to do next week to finish it off, but that will have to wait until the bin man’s been.

Sam got up on the roof and cleaned out all the gutters on the back of the house from the falling leave from the macadamia tree and the giant gum tree. Nice that it is all nearly done.

The sun shone.

Buddy took to his kennel and saw out the whole process from there. Bruno chewed everything he could wrap his mouth around, and then some.

Now we are off to the CBD for a spot of lunch. Indian, I think.

The sky is blue, the day is warm.


No comments: