Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Awful People

We go for an early morning walk, me and Bud. He’s in rehab for his leg, which is going well, all better really. And I’ve been feeling really stressed lately, not really sure why, oh you know, life isn’t getting any longer, so a morning stroll in the sunshine seemed like a good thing.

We’re on our way back. And we’re walking down Smith Street crossing over Condell Street with Buddy in front, when a woman in a black BMW 4WD drives up as if she is going to turn into Condell Street. She immediately has a go at me for walking Buddy in front of her car, waving her hands about and pointing from Buddy to me, her mouth yapping, which fortunately I couldn’t hear, quite irrespective of the fact that we were crossing Condell Street before she got there, or that, actually, the road laws are that cars give way to pedestrians.

But really, the main point here is that Condell Street is no entry and one way going the wrong way for what she wanted to do.

Oh, er, I think.

She turns up Condell Street and accelerates up to the car park just up Condell Street a bit and all I can think is, oh bring on climate change. Euw!

Seriously, some people are just too awful.

Then I wonder if it is me, am I the negative one? Do I somehow attract these fuckwits? I seem to be the common denominator in all of my own negative stories, after all. 😬

Buddy trots on oblivious. Oh, to have his simple life.

Still, the sun is shining. 

I must learn to laugh at these people. 

“Ha ha!”

 

Oh, I should write about nice things, I know. You’ve got to find the drama in it though, I guess, all my writing tutors told me so.

La vie en rose? We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking to the stars.


No comments: