Friday, December 10, 2021

Going For A Walk, Chatting To David

I head out the door at 9:30 for a walk. I haven’t been walking for a week. Oh, I don’t know why, I’ve been busy with Buddy’s sore leg and the work Xmas party, and my busy work week in between.

The sun is shining.

I go back and take my hoody off, as the sun is hot. I go to leave again, and I turn back and get a mask out of the pocket of my hoody, I don’t know why, better to have one or not. I wonder if I'll have a 3rd false start. I mentally check everything as I close the front gate again. (Do I really want to go for a walk, I think?)

I’m listening to the Rolling Stones, my new CD 50 completely finished outtakes, it’s really fucking cool. 

I head up Gertrude Street.

I really must learn to check my appearance  before I leave the house, I just caught sight of myself in a shop window and I look like Phyllis Diller 😮 I message David and tell him.

David’s been watching Sex and the City reboot, And Just Like That and he says it’s disturbing. There is some twist. He didn't want to give it away, but sheesh!

He’s passing the time watching re-runs of Friends, they make him feel good. He said he thought And Just Like That would be a good distraction.

I said to David that when we were young, we used to go and do a little retail therapy when you were in the department store change room in a new outfit you'd look in the mirror and think, yeah, I feel good, check from another angle, yeah, I look good. Now if I go into the department store change room and look in the mirror I just feel like bursting into tears.

We laughed. He in Byron Bay in front of the TV, me walking in the park.


No comments: