Monday, December 27, 2021

Day 1 – I Did Nothing

What can you do Boxing Day public holiday? The streets are surprisingly quiet. The shops all seem closed, or am I just out early?

We don’t have quite enough milk so I walk to Coles, first thing. It is overcast and raining ever so slightly, like a hairnet of rain. I’m listening to Dear April by Frank Ocean.

It is a melancholy morning, walking in the rain.

I lay on the couch and watch YouTube all day. I watch Jordan Petersen who is really interesting talking about his book 12 Rules For Life. What is all the controversy about him, I think? He introduces me to Serial killer Carl Panzram. I love a good serial killer.

I watch Harry’s Garage. The green XJC is back from the restorer. 67K later.

I watch FriendlyJordies, everyone should give Friendly Jordies a watch. He’s great. I watch Trevor Noah, Kathy Griffin, Friends Bloopers, and some straight German boy named Mario Adrian who, from what I can make out, makes gay content.

I’m on holidays, fuck it, I don’t have to do anything. I did fuck all. Nothing. But, there is something really relaxing lying back on the couch.

This is where you think… I think, first day, two whole weeks to go. And I just know, my next thought will be, work tomorrow. Blink.


No comments: