Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Lunch & Shoes

Midday, we went looking for shoes and lunch. Sam wanted new runners.

There were more people around, despite it also being a public holiday and all. It was a shorts and t-shirt kind of day by this stage.

We head down Smith Street heading to the New Balance shoe shop which is just near to the pork roll shop. Well, just past.

We meet Goose the Bedlington outside New Balance, the dogs I grew up with, which you hardly ever see. Sam heads in to look at shoes, I cross the road to the Salvos, which was closed.

I head back and find Sam surrounded by shoe boxes upstairs at New Balance. I am standing watching him try on multiple pairs.

A girl walks towards me adjusting herself, which I think is very unusual, until I realise it is a boy with a very girlie haircut and a girl’s arse.

Then there is a chick in large ultra pointy red sling back shoes, which she wears without the back straps across her ankle. She has feet like a bloke. I have to look twice to see if she was, you know, born a bloke. Not that I care either way, just saying.

I don’t know why people feel as though they need to have an opinion about transsexuals? I mean, I don’t have opinions about bigots and idiots, well, I guess I do have opinions about bigots and idiots, but not opinions with which I want to use to change their lives. It is perfectly acceptable to not have opinions about things you know nothing about.

A couple of mates come in looking for shoes together. I guess mates got shopping together now a days. Maybe, they always have, it just doesn’t seem like something straight boys would do? They are cute together. 

I think what I’d like my super power to be? Make them fall for each other. Then, of course, I’d have to turn myself into a fly, or invisible would be better, which, I suppose, is two super powers. But, I wouldn’t be doing this for them, I’d be doing this for me, and I’d want to watch it unfold, you know, see what happens.

There is some old guy with bleach blond hair, shorty shorts and a rainbow wife beater who seems to have underwear in his hand. I try not to visualise him in the undies doing, oh, you know what he’d be doing? What would it involve, a bottle of amyl and a middle aged chick in crotchless panties? Love handles and back boobs. 

I think they are probably shorts in his hand, as the shoe shop doesn’t sell undies. 

I sit on the bench.

There is a gay guy in small black shorts with pale muscular legs and a red and black cap, who tries on really awful pastel coloured runners. I give him the bench to sit on since he is trying on shoes.

“I’m just taking up space,” I say.

He doesn’t thank me. He doesn’t have to.

Everyone is wearing a mask, which is good.

Sam buys a new grey pair of runners. He stops at the bin on the first corner and puts the new pair on, throwing his old pair and the box the new pair came in in the bin.

We get four pork rolls on the way home. I watch pigeons walk in the door and head under the counter to eat the crumbs, I presume, and then they just waddle out again. There isn’t a queue like there normally is, but there is a queue as we leave the shop. Not sure what happened there? Was that good timing? Or did our four Banh Mi’s take that much time?

We pig out and then lie on the couches and watch out screens. 

I finish watching the doco I had started on YouTube this morning about Chuck Holmes the creator of Falcon Studios. I watched [name of car show] on YouTube. Then my headphones run out of power. Grrr!

We ate noodles for dinner.

We watch Adoration with Naomi Watts, Robin Wright, Xavier Samuel and James Frencheville. The two boys are adorable.


No comments: