Thursday, February 29, 2024

Day Off

Feb 29th, it is a mate's birthday. I remember dancing with him at Mardi Gras when he was 8 years old. Happy birthday, Rob.


I took the woofs for a walk early, in the cool of the early morning. It was nice after yesterday's hot day, although not catastrophic as suggested by clearly ratings seeking weather reports now a days, well, not where I live.

I got new Van Morrison tracks, old stuff, apparently his first album, plus a few more tracks packaged up as a best of collection, when I went to submit my tattslotto. Life could be a dream, hey? I like Van Morrison's old stuff, he's kind of an Irish Bob Dylan. Kind of. I saved it as his first album.

I got burgers from Huxtaburger on my way home. It pissed me off that they don't take cash any longer. Too lazy to provide a proper service for all their customers. When I got home, they'd got my order wrong too. I'm pretty sure they got my order wrong last time I bought from them. Hopeless. It'll be Grill'd Burgers all the way from now on.

I slept on the couch for the afternoon. Lovely, huh? I lay back listening to Van Morrison and woke up at 5pm when my bladder communicated with me.

I got a collection short stories by author Nam Li. I got them on my Kindle, Kindle's make sense to me now, despite having, or perhaps because of, bookcases full of books. I was giving the stories a read late this arvo, once I'd woken up from my nap, when Sam signed out of work and lay on the couch ordering dog beds which I didn't think we needed. He kept asking me my opinion on buying the dog beds. Seriously? When I'd already said he wasting his money.

Grrr!

Now, I'm lying back on the couch with my feet up on the arm of the couch as fresh air blows in over me from an open window.

Lovely.

Bruno is lying on the floor next to me using my left foot as a pillow.

Nice and warm and furry.

And that's my day off. And I have another day off again tomorrow. Good huh? Of course, I am supposed to be writing a novel on this two days, not sleeping on the couch.

I did recently re-write the words to Baby Got Back to make a gay version, oh, I don't know why, because I could. And it's all because of Friends, of course. Who wants to see that?


Now I am eating instant noodles with cabbage and chicken and Kim Chi.

"What's with the cabbage," I ask? We usually have prawns and fish cakes.

"Cost of living crisis," responded Sam without missing a beat.


No comments: