Friday, February 02, 2024

Strawberries For The Dogs

Sam had forgotten to get the tinned peaches, or the bananas, for my porridge. There are a few over ripe bananas in the fruit bow, but really, no, looks like I'll be making a banana cake tomorrow. Last week I made apple cake, but I think the Granny Smiths may have been past their peak.

My bakery has been closed all of January and is still closed – they must do alright during the year, I think every time I walk past the closed shop front – so there has been no bread for my breakfast this year.

Sam had remembered the oats themselves and the cinnamon, but not the tin of peaches. (Sam does the shopping he is very clear about that, be under no misunderstanding that I am... I'm not really sure what you call it with two guys. It can't be sexist, now can it?)

Sam is not a breakfast person so he doesn't quite grasp the magnitude of the disappointment. So, yes admittedly, I was starting to have a whine about the lack of fruit for my oats, yes ashamedly, when he said there are strawberries. He never forgets to get strawberries for the dogs, but my peaches, or bananas, are too difficult to remember.

Strawberries for the dogs, yes, apparently, I was allowed to take a few for my breakfast, the dogs gave their approval, nodding sage like at the suggestion.


No comments: