Wednesday, February 14, 2024

The Big Wide World

Sam was late getting back last night, so I listened to music and tried to write a blog post, rather than watch the news. Me and the dogs curled up in the lounge room with a cool breeze blowing in from the garden as the cool change had arrived by then.

So, this morning as I ate my Vegemite toast and drank my coffee, I was somewhat surprised to read that there had been wild storms and that, amongst other things, the Wimmera is without power as their transmission towers blew over, Wantirna is without power, and the poor luvs at Phillip Island are without mobile phone connectivity, all due to wild storms across the state. And The Grampians were on fire.  

While I don’t wish any of those people ill will, the bottom line is that we got a sprinkle of rain and a cool change and that’s pretty much all I should probably care about.

I suspect the never ending psycho drama that is the news isn’t doing any of us much good.

The news is the drama, social media is the poison, what hope do we have regarding the harmony of society.

The only social media I do now is this blog, everything else is boring, I hate to say it but I don’t really care if you got new cushions for your couch, or its where the awful people hang out. You know, you make a comment on Facebook and hate spews back at you. It should be renamed Hatebook.

I just try to write stuff now. Interesting bits of life, with varying degrees of success, I’m sure. But that is what I do now. Try to be creative. My own creative, not someone else’s. Some days I have nothing much to say, but I try to write something anyway, get something down. I try to write every day. You know, make shit up. Good shit.


No comments: