Saturday, February 24, 2024

Saturday

First up, we walked into town and got haircuts. The dogs came with us. Funny, I thought, as I got my $20 cut, once I used to pay $70 for a haircut. Well, when it got to $70 and I got the junior in the saloon and not my hairdresser of choice, that was when I stopped paying $70 for a haircut. $20 now. I have a haircut every 4 to 6 weeks. 

12.05pm. I’m in waiting in the salon. The owner says it’s just a short wait for the ugly guy hairdresser, while she seems to be cleaning, which I am happy with as I like the way the ugly guy hairdresser cuts my hair. But, then a young guy with spiky hair comes in and he is waiting to get his hair cut, so the owner chick directs me to her chair and she will cut my hair.

It is, if I said kind of uncomfortable looking at myself in the mirror, it would be overstating it, but it is true I never sit and look at myself as long as I do while I am sitting in the hairdresser’s chair.

Anyway, haircut done, we intend to head over to Sam's place as there is one window that still needs roller blind/Venetian blind/curtains one of those, apparently there are rules with rentals covering window coverings. We've tried Venetian blinds, the one we got didn't fit and we had to take it back, so, now we have to try again, it is the last job we have to get done.

Lunch time, we are sitting outside the Nepalese restaurant in Burke Street. We ate two types of dumplings, curry steamed, and kind of falafel fired dumplings.

1:20pm. We’re heading home up Bourke Street on our way home.

Funny, how there’s always a rat face little dog that wants to bark at the bulldogs sitting at one of the outside chairs at Florentino’s.

There was a ragtag group of save Palestine and anti-vaxers protesters. The anti-vaxers walked down Bourke Street with a megaphone that you are 400% more likely to develop myocarditis and I read the report that said 0.78% in one million may develop myocarditis.

We're home just before 2pm.

I get chatting to Jill, her neighbour had some freshly cut fire wood which I said I'd go and collect today and I called her to say I was lying on the couch and too lazy to come for the wood. Some how I told her about the blind acquisition and in typical Jill style, she has multiple curtains in the cupboard which she bought because, well, if the truth be known, she likes to spend money, it is kind of a hobby for her, so she could supply the curtains for the last window. So, we drove all the way to her place anyway, and she now lives way out in the suburbs now, as it turned out.

I've got a second car, my semi-classic car (hopefully, one day it might be valuable, but it isn't yet), that spends most of its life under a car cover in my back yard doing very little other than appreciating in value, fingers crossed, so while my main car is injured, by the last shit who backed into it and drove away, with an air bag warning light lit up on its dashboard, I have been driving my little white hot hatch for the last few days.

So, we zipped across the city to get the curtains.


We came home and didn't do much for the rest of the day, satisfied we had tomorrow sorted.


No comments: