Thursday, October 10, 2024

Thursday For Getting Things Done

Day one of my weekend, and even though I stopped my full time filling in stint a month ago, my resumed days off still feel like a novelty. Oh yes, I am aware that really makes little sense, but there you go, that's ho it feels. 

Now what did I have to do? Oh yes, I was notified some time ago that my parking permit was expiring. Now when was that? It's mid October, I had better get that done.

Stingy Yarra Council won't give us a free permit, not like they used to, the first permit was always free, but they have CEO's earning more than the prime minister now a days so they can no longer do that.

There are three town halls servicing Yarra and they don't all do the same thing, so you always have to check which one to go to before you go to any of them.

Anyway, it was another gorgeous day, so printed out my form, I slung my gay little back pack over my shoulders and I got on my bike and rode to the appropriate town hall.

And that was done in no time.

I was just getting back on my bike when Jill called. She wanted to chat, so I found a small park with a bench seat in the sun and we chatted for an hour. That's what days off are for, sitting on a park bench in the sun and flittering the day away.

Jill went to Queensland for a week and stayed 3 weeks. She's been back a week and she wasn't feeling completely well. She decided to take a RAT test just to put her mind a ease and it came back positive, so she has been isolating at home.

It was gorgeous sitting in the sun.

After speaking to Jill I went for a bit of a bike ride, it was such a lovely day. We've been having lovely days these last few weeks.

I did a little shopping after that. I got Rush season 01 second hand. And a Robert Altman film with Glenda Jackson.

The first DVD of Rush wouldn't play, the damn thing. I don’t know what they have done to it. I took a look at it and it seemed to be filthy with a film of something. I chuckled to myself, perhaps it is lube, I thought, from the previous owner, maybe he used to jerk off to the Rush boys like I used to watching the late night repeats? So, I am going to have to keep cleaning it until it works again.

I took Bruno and Otto for a walk, bumping into a couple of gay guys whose bull dog had died and they were very keen to talk bulldogs. That was sweet. They are contemplating getting two bulldog puppies. Of course, I said they should.


The fridge company offered to give us a new replacement fridge for $250. We accepted just to get it over and done.


No comments: