Friday, October 11, 2024

End Of The Week

I took the dogs for a walk early. Of course, dog walkers take their dogs walking early, before work around here. We went early, but not before work early. We went after 9am, after work had begun. A good no-work-today kind of time to go. It was nice, the sun shone, the sky was blue. We walked for an hour.

I got changed and went to the gym pretty much as soon as we got back from our walk. Changed track pants for shorts and changed shoes. I'm still not loving it, not like I did when I used to go years ago, I loved it back then. I'm not feeling it now. But, I go, kind of dutifully. It feels like hard work.

I tell myself it doesn't take long, 30 minutes on the bike to start with, then 30 minutes, or so, doing weights and working out on the machines. A bit over an hour, isn't long. So, I make myself go. And going mid morning, the gym isn't that busy, and I pretty much have little competition for the facilities.

One of the trainers was working out. Big, tall, dark, handsome as you'd expect a trainer to be.

A young blonde guy came in just after me. He looked like only does his upper body as he had that kind of top heavy look to him, like he might topple over at any moment.

At one point, I was doing the cable pull down, and he was doing inclined chest press with dumbbells, he was lying on his back on the bench and I was facing him, and I was having a rest between reps and he was lying with his feet in my direct with his legs spread, and I found myself inadvertently staring at his crotch. Oops. Totally wasn't, meaning to do that, and I looked away. Good thing he didn't notice.

There was a girl who looked like a lesbian who didn't seem like she wanted to make eye contact, with anyone, who took an inordinate amount of time on each machine. She did a lot of, um, periods of, er, just stasis in-between exercising, like her batteries wound down and she had some kind of self-recharge mechanism if she kept still.

The trainer had a female client when I was leaving.

I did fuck all in the afternoon, after 2 and half hours of exercise in the morning.

I listened to Chaka Khan's last album and Labelle's new live album which is hot, lying on the couch for most of the afternoon.


No comments: