Monday, September 14, 2026

My Day In The Office





I'm off to the office today. I have got out of it for the last few weeks, but, I guess, I have to make an appearance occasionally, as stupid as that is.

I was going to pull a sickie today, I still have it in the back of my mind, despite it being 15 minutes before I leave.

It's the first Monday back with Boris, so, I guess I should go. Grrrr. I so don't want to.

I have been constipated for days, not really sure why, but the thought of going to the office today fixed that. Haha.

The Big Poo has been on holidays, I'm wondering if he still is this week? Dunno. 

I guess I have to go. Sad face.

It’s still nice leaving early, 6am, as the day begins, being out in it, even if it is lighter now as I leave the house. I do like being up early and getting going early, it’s the best part of the day.

6:26am.  Swanston Street.

A guy gets on and immediately takes out his contact lenses. Er? That’s not something you see every day, it was like a scene out of Doctor Who, if there had been slurping and sucking noises, I wouldn’t have been surprised. If he looked up and had no eyes at all, well…

6:29am. William Street.

Adorable 20 year old blond window cleaning boy in really tight black jeans, is a good look when he bends over to pick up his bucket. An offer too good to refuse.

6:30am. I’m in the office.

I have no emails, that’s weird, and a first? What’s going on, I wonder?

I head to the kitchen for coffee. The coffee machine isn’t up and running. I go up to the 26th floor to see if their coffee machine is working, but no.

I come back down to our floor and I play drums on the blank coffee machine screen, and it fires up.

I have to wait half an hour while the damn thing warms up. I read all the news papers, and eat 3 chocolate biscuits, while that happens.

7:05am. I’m back at my desk with a coffee.

Now, about these emails. Nope. None. That is a first. And I suspect a problem.


The big Poo is away, probably doing a triathlon across the Himalayas, knowing him. The Midget wasn't in the office. Boris wasn't in the office. So, I packed up and went home at 10.30am.


No comments: