Sam went to the office. Charlie went wherever Charlie goes in the mornings. I know, I should know, but Charlie isn't one for offering details freely.
I had an easy day. I wasn't really stressed with a lot of work. Gotta love that. Well, actually, I prefer to have work that keeps me busy all day, but that wasn't today.
Otto slept on the study couch next to me all day.
I signed in early, 6am. I had pretty much done all the work I had to do by 9am.
I made Vegemite toast for breakfast. And, yes, I put plenty of Vegemite on it.
10.30am. I headed over the the bakery and got a hot banana muffin fresh out of the bakery oven.
Sam left me what I thought was olive pasta, Puttanesca style, I hoped, but what I thought were olives turned out to be egg plant. Blur. I hate egg plant. Screwed up face emoji.
I watched the movie, Alfie half way through the day. Has there ever been a sexier man than Jude Law in Alfie? You have got to love working from home. I have a lunch break, to be fair, I watched it during my lunch break, and then a little more, of course. But I started early, so, nyr.
I did some more work after the movie for the remainder of the afternoon, not too much pressure, setting my own pace, you understand.
Otto and I went for a walk at 3pm, after I signed off. It was warm outside, warmer than inside, but there was just a hint of rain possibly happening during the whole walk, but rain didn't eventuate.
As we were near home, we walked past the dog park and I noticed there were big dogs in the park, an Airedale, a German Short Haired Pointer and a German Shepard. I contemplated taking Otto over and letting him off, as he hasn't been in a dog park on his own without Brun before. I was thinking about Brun and the happy times watching the two of them be a couple of buddies in the dog park, or at the beach, when suddenly, the German Shepard was next to us sniffing Otto's arse. I didn't see him coming. Otto got a little freaked out and tried to run. The german Sheppard seemed to be a little taken aback with that. I though, well, that didn't go too badly. Raised eyebrows. We kept walking. The German Shepard was a fully grown puppy, and really bouncy, and he headed back to the dog park. We headed home.
That was my day.
Sam was home from the office at 5pm.

No comments:
Post a Comment