Last night, going to bed I stubbed my toe on the top step of the steps upstairs. It hurt, but I didn't really think anything about it. I went on to brush my teeth and then I went and sat on the bed and wrote some of my journal. The next thing Sam‘s in the bathroom and he says, "what the hell’s been going on in here?"
I reply, "what are you talking about?"
He then he asks if I’m bleeding?
"No," I say. Then I looked down at my toe, which is covered in blood and bleeding everywhere. I’d shattered the very tip of my toenail and I'd left blood all over the bathroom floor. So I head downstairs to patch it up, but Sam comes down and he does it for me, wrapping it up in gauze and medical tape.
So, I have a sore toe today.
Sam went to the office today. Charlie left the house early. So it was just me and Otto working all day. I’ve had so little work to do for work these last couple of days it’s been very strange, so I’ve been writing posts for my historic blogs from my old journals.
2pm. Otto and I go for a walk. It’s sunny and when we start off. I hobble a bit because of my injured big toe. We walk down to Johnston Street, we cross over and walk down Napier Street, when we get to the Rose Hotel the rain just buckets down. There’s no shelter there anywhere. We tried to hide in the Rose Hotel’s doorway, both me and Otto. Otto wasn’t keen about standing in the rain either, let me tell you, so he snuggled right in close to me in the doorway. But it didn’t give us much shelter and we both got saturated. The rain just kept falling on us. I desperately looked up and down the street, but there is no shelter there and we both just kept getting wet.
When it died off a bit, we headed towards Brunswick Street and we found some shelter in a new apartment build's driveway. We waited there for a bit. Then we walked to Brunswick Street, the rain still falling lightly. My toe still making itself known.
We walked up Brunswick Street, saturated in the cold breeze. My toe was kind of throbbing. Brunswick Street is the long way round but the only way to get any shelter, what little shelter there is in Brunswick Street, which isn’t much. All the time my big toe is throbbing from the walking and the running to get out of the rain, and the rain, and the continuing rain. When we got further up Brunswick Street the sun came out and, so at least that was a bit warming, while being wet in the breeze.
Eventually we got home, we were both soaked. I just got straight into the shower and had a shower, but I had to hold my foot out of the water as it is all bandaged up good and proper, and I didn't want to get all that wet. That wasn't easy, trying to shower with one foot stuck out of the water, while you balance on one foot. I put on clean clothes, the one nice thing about getting caught in a down pour.
I towelled Otto off. He had a bath on Sunday so he smells lovely anyway.
What a day to have a busted toe.
No comments:
Post a Comment