Friday, September 25, 2026

Parents Are Crap At Parenting




I sent a photo of an old man nudist to David, which I have sent him many times before, as it is funny because it bears an uncanny resemblance to what David would probably look like as an old man.

I would even argue that it is barely a nude photo, but the system classified it as a nude photo and I was asked series of questions before my normal text messaging would send it.

WTF is this all about?

I was so distracted by this new over reach of guard rails that I accidentally picked the wrong answer to the question and the system remove my image from my text message altogether.

What the fuck, I thought.

This is what happens when you effectively allow parents to opt out of parenting by legislating for kids level protections, we all are made to be inconvenienced by parents lack of parenting.

If you want to protect children, get parents to do their jobs and monitor what their kids do. 

Don't legislate Big Brother style where we all get effected by the legislation. As an adult, I should be able to judge for myself what I see, and what I don't see, without a computer system questioning me.

Let's put looking after children back into the hands of parents to monitor what their kids see, and don't see, and leave the rest of us out of it.


I haven't looked at porn online since the whole age verification stuff has become a reality. I haven't wanted to hand over any more of my information to anyone online, not since I have been involved in the 4th major data breach.

I don't want to give any more of my information to people online, since companies clearly don't give a shit about keeping it safe. 

It isn't good enough.


We're being fucked over by people with kids. I see friends giving their babies and toddlers their phones and iPads to shut their kids up, and then, apparently, all through the child rearing stage, I can only assume, parents are too god damn lazy to monitor what their little brats are doing online.

And then we all get to pay for parents ineptitude, by having to jump through hoops, give companies data, that they look after about as well as parents monitor their kids online.

Here's a suggestion parents of today, if you are too god damn lazy to look after your kids, don't have them.


No comments: