I have a vote Socialists up on my gate. I don't necessarily hold Socialist views, although I do think there are some socialist ideas that are worthwhile.
Einstein agued for socialism and against capitalism back in 1949 and to briefly mention his points, capitalism creates Economic Anarchy, Wealth Inequality, Corrupted Democracy, Media Control. Any of those look familiar to you today?
A really cute, smart girl came to the door, who was full of enthusiasm and positivity and she asked me, after we were done chatting, if she could put a vote socialist sign on the gate, and I said yes.
It amused me as a foil for all the inaccurate bullshit conservatives go on with about socialism. (If you counter such a conservative doofus in future, ask them this simple question, Can you tell me what socialism is? They never can despite railing against it whole heartedly)
I thought it was a good counter action to the rise of far right politicians on our political landscape, especially that ugly, inarticulate red head.
It amused me because of the way socialism triggers right wing muppets.
Why I am writing this is that someone has been defacing the poster on my gate constantly with irrelevant stickers. I keep peeling the stickers off. But it is amazing how triggered this person is. Why waste you time coming back continually to do that.
I've had Greens placards on my gate for years around election time when Adam Bandt was the member and his placard was never defaced once over all the years.
No comments:
Post a Comment