It rained pretty much from the moment I got up. It was constant, fine, drizzling rain all day.
Consequently, it wasn't a day to do anything much. Not much. Nah.
Sam had booked us in for eye tests at midday down at Victoria Gardens, and, you know, I wasn't really feeling it, I can tell you.
On a miserable day like today, the best place for us is on the couch with a tartan blanket catching up on all the latest releases from YouTube, drinking mugs of hot chocolate, I'd further suggest.
I suggested cancelling and re-booking for a sunny day when it would be much nicer to head outside, which was met with a curious look from my better half. "Eye tests are an in door pursuit," he said.
Yes, well, what could I say, he was right.
So rain hats on, me luvs, we'll be heading out to battle the elements in the name of good health.
The rain looks set in, so I am assuming we'll be scurrying to the optometrist and then scurrying home again.
I can't see much else getting done.
I'm on my second last pair of runners, as my newest runners started to leak in the rain because the toe was worn through. Now it seems my second last pair of runners is now leaking too. I'll have to revert back to an older pair, I don't know how many pairs ago, so my feet stay nice and dry. Alternatively, I could go and buy a new pair. Duh!
We caught the tram. I like catching the tram, I think it’s a good way to really feel a part of your suburb.
I changed my optometrist appointment to 1.30pm, at the tram stop, as we were a bit late getting to the Pho shop for Pho for lunch, but as it turned out, we still got to the optometrist by the original appointment time. I tried to claim my original appointment time, you know, as it hadn’t been long by then, but I had to wait half an hour for them to fit me in.
A friend of mine tells me that when she wants to cheer herself up, she goes and gets new glasses, or a new phone, two things I hate doing. I hate choosing new glasses.
We both got new glasses. Sam had already had the eye test, he just needed to pick the glasses. We pick them up in a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment