Monday, April 11, 2005

I Think I Out-Soured Myself

I met mum on the corner of William Street and Bourke Street. There she was a little old lady, in her raincoat and hat, in amongst the hustle and bustle of the morning. She looked so pleased with herself when she saw me. She’s cute, my mum. She said she had an idea that I might be coming along, so she walked slow, on her way to her hair appointment. She wanted to know my story for yesterday. I lied and said I went to Bolago.

“That’s okay darling… it’s just that I was a bit lonely, that’s all.”

My heart wavered and I felt bad about not going over to see her yesterday. I felt bad about lying. I still shudder to think of her lonely, after her interesting life, it shouldn’t be this way for her now.

We walked down Bourke Street together. We kissed good-bye in front of my building.


Morning Miss.
How are you?
Sleep well?
My nerve ends are on fire, and I'm glad I have not much but lunch with Lou to do today J
The sauna was worth the money!
xT


Okay. Yeah, just f*cking marvellous. I'm so happy I could kill someone. If I grabbed them around the neck this morning, I wouldn't stop squeezing and till they went "flop."
Lovely Monday! Lovely, lovely Monday.
Mum was waiting on the corner of William Street and Bourke... there she was a little old lady being jostled and bumped as she grimly hung-on as all the workers tried to fly by her. She was happy to see me. She said she was waiting to see me, as I hadn't been over on the weekend. "So, what's your story," she said. She's a trip, I'm not sure if that's what she was doing... I get it from her, my perpendicular'ness.
"Been to Bolago mum. I went unexpectedly as Mark and Luke came down Saturday night..."
"Oh, that's all right then" she said.
She was off to have her hair done.
We walked together in the morning air, down Bourke Street. I like my mum, she should meet me every morning on the corner of William Street.
christian


You know something, when you reply to my emails, the last thing you should do before you hit the send button is delete my email to which you are replying, so you don't send my words back to me.
christian


I realised that I’m really going to be pushed for time. It all pretty much has to be finished for tomorrow. Fuck! I keep forgetting I have to do all Stella’s stuff as well. Idiot Christian!

Then we had an evacuation of the building. The full thing, I had to walk down thirty two floors of stairs. I was sour about it. I was determined to stay sour by sms’ing and ignoring everything that was going on around me.


SMS. 11.09. Now we’re being evacuated, in some mock-drama role-play. FUCK ME! Who’s got time?  Who cares if these cunts dies, anyway! – christian
SMS. 11.29. Now we’re congregating in Lonsdale Street? Who the hell fucken cares! – christian
SMS. 11.29. Just come home. I shall start rolling – Tom
SMS. 11.33. Fuck! I should have bought my bag, I’m half way there… Kind of, near enough for a quick sprint – christian
SMS. 11.34. Go to lunch – Tom
SMS. 11.35. I’m looking disdainfully – christian
SMS. 11.39. Ouch! – Tom
SMS. 11.40. Like rats scurrying, most of these people deserve to die! – christian


ok
Tom


Tom
What would your Mum have done if you were having a day off?
No strangling!
christian


She would have just gone to her hair appointment.
No strangling? Ohhhh
Christian


11.11
Mark


Mark
Hello, how are you? Lovely day? I know it would be lovelier if i didn't have to be here? Yes, it would. But that's not the spirit, hey? I love my job, I love my job. I care about these c*nts, I really do
christian


(Tom)
What we need is a lot of money, so we can do what we like, when we like, and with who we like.
I guess I'd have such a ...you'd have such a... we'd both have such a... you know what we'd have with excess time and money... and it would be bliss. The first one to die would be the winner.
christian


yes to unlimited money
lou had to cancel lunch and i am a bit sad he is
always such a sight for sore eyes
Tom


Ah... the lovely Lou?
christian


Home now.
Lovely Lou will wait until next time.
Tom


So home in Ding? Safe again.
And the handsome visitors will have to wait.
All is well with the world.
Ah.
Big smile.
Relax.
john


Doll, I think I have out-soured myself finally, after a few days of nastiness. Whoosh! (Shake the head) It gets wearing. Just snapping myself out of it, as I type. (Wave the face with the hands)
Don't know what came over me? Goodness, she was black there for forty eight hours. Just sweetness and light from now on, that's what I say.
christian


So, I shouldn't quote you on "It's all crap"?
I think the screenplay on Hansel and Gretel is a great idea.
Externalise it.
xT


No, it's still all crap.
christian


Not as crap as desperate Housewives I'm sure!
Tom


Stopped watching that... American popcorn crap!
christian


9.30pm I went to bed.
Big day tomorrow.
Spoke to Manny late, he says he doesn’t want me to hate. That sweet boy?

No comments: