Sunday, October 21, 2007

Long Afternoon

Got up at 7am. Early. Wide awake. Must stop using the brain mystifier during the day, first thing in the morning, at all, as then the days would be more present and alive, even if it is just perception. Maybe, I'd feel like I was doing some thing, contributing, living. Must stop hiding away on the weekends, shutting out the world. I had the second case of hiccups in as many days. Just as I took my first drag, just as my first sip of brewed coffee was lining up with my mouth. Annoying? Oh, yes, indeedie. Bloody hell! Just tiring.

Just as I got comfortable, Sunday arvo, in bed in front of ABC Sunday Arts show, I decided that I couldn't just sleep my weekends away. (guilt is a terrible thing) So I got up and did stuff. Achieve. Do. Produce. Later, I opened one of Andrew's happy books at the page which said Recharge - rest, be still, indulge yourself, think of yourself, spend the day in bed.

Bugger! Even the ooky-spooky books are telling me to be slothful. Why fight it, I thought. At least now I could feel justified in my inactivity, I guessed. I had a nana nap in the afternoon, on the couch.

I watched Idol with David. My favourite, Ben, is out, makes it hard to be enthusiastic.

Went to bed early. Smoked the last of the pot. Giving up tomorrow.


4 comments:

Gabriel said...

its perfectly fine to have long bouts of downtime. rest rejuvenates the soul and maybe that's what your body is needing.

FletcherBeaver said...

It is what it is needing. May be I should have a massage?

Gabriel said...

touch always help too. and if it comes with a happy ending, i think you are on the road to a real recovery!

FletcherBeaver said...

I love a happy ending.