Why do we always mistake a shadow for a burglar? Why do we never mistake a burglar for a shadow?
SMS. 16.11. Tonight still on at Minh Minh 7pm, see you soon – Lauri
I spent the day in bed with a migraine, probably from starting smoking again yesterday. Yeah, I know.
I pilled myself up before I headed out for dinner with my ex-boyfriend Lauri and his current boyfriend, Leroy. Those painkillers did the trick.
Lauri and Leroy were late, I wondered if I’d missed a text, by the time they got there. I first saw Leroy out of the corner of my eye, opening the door to the restaurant. Then I heard Lauri’s voice, Yes, that’s him.
Then we went to Sircuit. We drank beer and chatted. The friends from NZ who live here now wanted to go early, Lauri wanted to stay out late, but relented and left with the others. The power of the ride. Shame, as David and Shane were up and we watched RuPaul’s Drag Race and stayed up until late. Lauri would have loved it, with that wry smile from the corner of his mouth.
SMS. 22.54. Hi called to say hi but going to sleep now. This babysitting parent’s thing is tiring! – Jill

No comments:
Post a Comment