Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We All Want A White Van

 SMS. 09.22. Wakie, wakie coming to get u – Jill

SMS. 09.49. (Jill) Just gone to the shop – Christian


Happy birthday


Thank you darling Chriso, It was a mostly uneventful day. I’m doing post traumatic dental stuff but very happy with my new teeth for my birthday

xx

Julien


I helped Jill move furniture all day. Firstly, a bed from Prahran to her parent’s place in North Balwyn.

Jill drove the Renault Trafic van. She was nervous to start with, especially with the weird French gearbox, but in the end, she was contemplating selling her Audi to buy one.

Then to Taylors Hill, with the high wooden fences, the backs of the houses, lining the roads in, which made it really, really ugly. Then when you got to the winding streets, fully of similar houses, built on every inch of the black. No established gardens, some without gardens, no trees.

The people were nice though, sweet, could not do too much for you. The husband was a thirty year old Greek guy, who’d I would have got down on my knees for, without having to be asked a second time. (I wanted to do it without being asked. Chuckle)

SMS. 18.35. Boondy, Boondy, Boondy, No air came on my iPod whilst on a Bosphorous cruise... thought of you x – David

Mark called asking for help to reassemble the house, as the carpet layer had been away for two days and they had 22 for dinner Friday night.

I didn’t make it to mums for dinner. Poor mum. The one person I should be looking after.


No comments: