It feels like Monday, my week has been all turned around. You see, I went to Bolago on Thursday and came home last night, which would usually be Sunday night. I can't get the Monday feeling out of my head. I've even hopped on one foot with a finger in my ear.
I helped them put the house back together after the new carpet was laid. I was going to stay up there for the weekend, but…
LouLou thought it was disgraceful that Mark and Luke would do that to me, after I had worked 10 hours lugging furniture.
"But, I want to leave to give them space."
She shook her head and stroked my face. "But you've worked so hard." I don't think she got it. People are funny.
I regretted the decision halfway home. I should have stayed. I didn't want to come back to Melbourne. I'm not liking the city, at the moment. I don't know if is the traffic problems and the selfish, rude shits who now live here, or if it is because of Mark and Luke's immanent departure to NSW?
I should have gone to Nicholas' birthday either, which was my original plan. I could have, as it turned out, but I was stuffed after dragging a 60 square house worth of furniture around. Besides, it would have been a pill party and I'm trying not to partake, now a days. Drugs were lots of fun when I did them, but I'm, pretty much, over them. Kind of very yesterday for me now.
So, Saturday, hey?
Shane was home. I lit the fire and we ate soup and watch teev mindlessly, and smoked pot.

2 comments:
After all that time off work, it's interesting you still get that Monday feeling! I would have thought every day would feel like a Friday!
That's because I usually go to the country on Friday/Saturday and come back Sunday. I don't ever normally come back on Friday night.
Post a Comment