Saturday, August 08, 2009

Hate That

I headed off late, there seemed like nothing was going on in the city. Shane was absent. David was heading over to the new boyfriends. She'll play house at the drop of a hat, that one. There seemed no reason not to head to the country, to Bolago.

Lazy Friday night.

Then, when I'd decided that's what I was doing, I was picking up things on my way. Natch! Mark wanted stuff, Luke wanted stuff. Human nature. Two stops. Easy peasy. When I was committed and, really, on my way, and I'd stopped and picked up the first thing, one stop to go, things to be delivered sitting on the back seat of the car, Alex messaged me and said how about it?

Hate that. Of course he did. He couldn't have messaged me an hour earlier, of course not, that is the way it goes. Is it called Murphy's Law?

Alex's boyfriend will be back from overseas in a week and Alex won't, er, um, be able to cheat with me behind the boyfriend's back, so readily. There's always something. So, naturally, Alex was keen.

I suspect, I have moral issues around this, would you believe? If someone I'm sleeping with is cheating on his boyfriend, it's not, really, my problem. I don't really believe I have a moral obligation to someone I have never met, namely the boyfriend, but, you know, if Alex is prepared to tell such fundamental lies, maybe, he's willing to lie about anything.

Maybe? Who knows?

So, there is a small part of me that was glad that I had an excuse not to head over to see him. And I didn't turn around like I could have.

Well, at least the country is beautiful. 


4 comments:

Gabriel said...

my principle is all men are liars. especially if they would like to get what they want.

FletcherBeaver said...

Yep. They'll say anything. It is a genetic weakness. You know, it probably meant the continuation of the species in caveman times, but the modern gay ghettos, they need a firm hand.

Gabriel said...

you mean a firm smack?

FletcherBeaver said...

Is that a firm smack if they look look where they shouldn't?