Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sleeping with Sleep Apnoea

Just before we wake, when the air is thin and far from the ground, when we are slipping down that void of nothing to breath.

“A, a, a, a, a, a, a, a, a, a, gasp, gasp, gasp.”

Silence.

“A!”

Nothing.

“A!”

Screaming mute. Hang on, fingers crossed. Any second. Nearly there, Little Red Toot. Clouds slide across the face of the moon. The light dims. The day crosses itself; gaze at the lightening sky through the window.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!”

Exhale. Relax. Smile. All is well with the world again.

Silvery light shines in through the window. The first bird calls for the morning.

“A, a, a, a, a, a, a, a, a, a, gasp, gasp, gasp.”


Apparently, that's what it's like to sleep with me. I've got several ex-boyfriends who would attest to it.

I'm not very good at sleeping with people, don't know if the above has anything to do with that? I mean, I'm all for waking to find a handsome, sleeping face on the other pillow. I'm not much for sleeping in someones arms, though, I get too hot.

 

No comments: