Saturday, January 09, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Shane left his stash. His grandma died and he had to head up to the country. So, I spent the day in bed stoned. I can't be trusted, he knows that. 

I got up and updated my virus software. I had to buy a whole new licence because my old one was expired by twelve days and not the cheaper renewal option. It was the last thing that I forgot when I left. What gives? And why are those sites so user unfriendly. Of course, I never read any of the instructions, but they should know that. I should just have to follow the links, not hard work. And not too damn many of them, either. I haven't got all day/ Lets go, boom, blam, bing!

Then I rolled a spliff and went back to bed until late afternoon. At which time, I rolled another joint.Naturally.

I cancelled my mother until tomorrow, good thing I went to see her first, when I got back to Melbourne, last night. Kind of a visit in the bank. She cooked me diner and I had a shower. It was like the final big rest stop on the road home.

I played with my photos. I took phots all the way up to NSW and all the way back. You know, to amuse myself, on the drive, to give me something to do, being on my own. I even took one as I left up the Bolago driveway. 

There was a crazy, psychopathic truck driver following me for some time. I flew along in front of him on the down hills, him right behind me, losing him on the long, hilly sections. A bit later, I stopped on the side of the road on a long flat stretch coming out of the hilly section, to take some sunset scenes. I'd forgotten about him. The sun had just dipped behind the horizon, and it was dark, and desolate, except for the glorious colours in the sky. And suddenly, he was at the end of the straight stretch behind me, bright eyes blinking on in the dark. It was like a scene in "Duel," me getting back in the car and speeding off before he could catch me.

There's a picture of the water I drowned the car in. And a hot son at a waterfall, look at his bulge. The front view from the house. Then there's a collection of buildings along the way. It's a shame I never got the "sign for rent" sign. Mark and Luke on Kings Beach. There's a lot of clouds in the sky, I kind of went mad on them. The balcony I read on for the afternoon when the car was first being fixed. There were a lot I missed; a car up my arse, or just too slow to register in time.

I haven't left my room.

David says I should watch Grey Gardens, Drew Barrymore, Jessica Lange. He says it's great, but his taste is unforgivingly Disney.

I've poured a vodka.


2 comments:

Gabriel said...

great photos!

FletcherBeaver said...

Thanks