Friday, January 15, 2010



How's this for a bruise? I got it while I was pruning a climbing rose. I kind of got caught on the thorn on a reverse bend where it went into my skin in the opposite way I was pulling the branch down and couldn't pull it out of my skin very easily. By the time I got it out, it looked like a fang had been in my arm. The blood was running down my arm and was dripping onto the bricks.

I can't get a really good picture of it, as it's on the underneath of my arm. I'm a bit nervous about such things, after ending up in hospital a few years ago with that infected elbow. But, it's neither hot nor red, just bruised, so I'm sure it will be fine. If I suddenly stop writing, you'll know I was wrong. Ha, ha. No, I don't expect that to happen.


2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

That's a pretty darn impressive rose-pruning injury. I used to prune the roses at my parent's place and it was always a pain but I never got any injuries like the one you sustained.

FletcherBeaver said...

It kind of hooked me like a talon, I struggled to remove it