Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It Is Time We Changed Our Flag

It is so time we changed our flag. You know, I couldn't care less about the republic, I can't see what difference that is going to make to any of us. And if you are talking about direct election a la American style Presidential type shenanigans, then suddenly I come over all monarchist and my feelings for old Lis increase exponentially. More politics for the very wealthy the world does not need. (Yes, yes, the queen is very wealthy, I know) We need less government not more.
However, the flag is different. We need a flag that says Australia, like Canada has a flag that so unmistakably says Canada.
We don't need a flag that says, Oh what country is that?
I guarentee you that a huge number of Australians would have trouble telling the New Zealand flag from the Australian flag. (Of course, I realise, we don't have to dumb down the argument, but I'm sure you understand my point)
And what are we best known for? What is the greatest iconic Australian image?


No comments: