Monday, May 31, 2010

The Country, Shopping, Home

I've quit smoking again, five days. Good huh? Yes, I know, you've heard it all before. But, you have to admit it is still better than continuing to smoke.

Mark and the English woofa, Richard, came to rescue me from my sister's place, when it looked like I was going to be taken to watch my nieces soccer game for the afternoon. You know, lunch is one thing, but being taken to the kids extra curricular activities, with no car as a means of escape, is quite another thing.

Richard and I caught the train back to the city this morning. It's lovely catching the train some times, I get to look at the country side rather than let it rush by unnoticed.

Richard and I parted ways in Spencer Street. He was heading to his sisters in Emerald, first he was off to get his trousers sewn up, something about his penis being far too big for them... oh... no, no, no. Big smile. He caught the leg on a branch and ripped them.

I tried to encourage S to come to lunch with me. What with one thing and another, we haven't managed to get together, instead out relationship has been reduced to a series of suggestive sms' over the last five days. I've decided not to hold back - like I usually do - and we are rushing headlong into something... we'll see what. But, he had a meeting at 1pm and couldn't get away.

So, I wandered up Bourke Street to JB and added to my collection of Australian dvds. I'm buying all the Australian dvds I see in the cheap dvd bins, todays were $6. I just decided it was a good thing to have an Australian movie collection. Today, I got Hotel de Love - it's got Aiden Young in it so it can't be all bad, can it? -  and Romper Stomper. I also added to my Paul Newman movies with the Hustler. Paul Newman must have been the most handsome man ever born. Really.

Now, I've got the afternoon to myself.

S is coming over after work. I can't wait to... um ... er ... blush... well, you know what I can't wait to do.


No comments: