Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself

It's soul edifying when you have someone who likes you, makes you feel good, makes everything seem just that little bit more right with the world. I was a little surprised with his questions, one week in, but was warmly pleased with his answers. I think he might be a little, um, what to say, full on with his feelings, a little clingy for me, maybe, but you know, that's not something to feel fear about, it is something to feel pleased about, actually. The strong sense of myself that I have should be enough to deal with that. The eternal question of personal space, liking the things that you do and sharing all of that with someone else.


SMS. 17.45. How do you feel now handsome? Did you have a good rest? – S

I've been in bed for two days with a cold.

SMS. 17.48. I didn’t go back to bed, but I haven’t done anything either. I feel okay. Cold feet, though. I guess I should go find some socks? – C

SMS. 17.53. Oh, what’s your plan for tomorrow? Do you want to catch up for dinner? – S

I'm sick, bring me chicken soup. To be fair, he did offer the exact same soup a little later.

SMS. 17.55. Maybe. I’ll see how I feel – C

SMS. 17.57. Ok, let me know :) – S

The cold seemed to be getting worse, not better. I didn’t go back to bed, as I should have, I moped around the house instead.

SMS. 18.33. Hi sweetie, what are you looking for? Friend, fun, date or… ? – S

Huh? Was I understanding this? Did he mean what I thought he meant?

SMS. 18.34. What do you mean? – C

SMS. 18.35. Sorry to confuse you. I’m confused myself too. What are you looking for from me? – S

And there you are, it was as I thought. Wow! So soon? Still, you got to like a boy who is upfront, knows all the questions. What to say? How do I put this… truthfully, ha ha.

And then Nicholas called to tell me about his driving lesson and to remind me to book my tickets for the Gold Coast in November.

Mark called for a chat the moment after I had hung up from Nicholas. He wanted to talk. All the time I was looking down at my mobile with my half written message. I can write while I talk, but that leads to careless mistakes and I wanted to say the right thing, with this one.

SMS. 19.35. Fun, friendship and whatever may come after that… who knows what the future holds? I’m up for whatever comes, I’m not afraid of what might happen – C

SMS. 19.45. Thanks sweetie. I like that u r a good writer. I was a bit nervous as u took a while to respond – S

SMS. 19.46. I’m sorry for the delay with my last answer, funny hey right at the crucial moment, that’s life. I didn’t need think time, I had two friends who called and wanted to talk – C

SMS. 19.46. I would love to find out what our journey will lead us to… – S

SMS. 19.51. That’s the fun bit, living it while it unfolds. Here take my hand and come on an adventure with me. It may last a week, it may last a life time, hold tight here we go – C

SMS. 1954. Ha ha, beautiful, love your beautiful mind. Lead me to your wonderful world, happy world – S


5 comments:

Gabriel said...

i think S is going to be short lived from the sound of things.

FletcherBeaver said...

Really? Why?

Gabriel said...

i'm just being jealous. ignore me.

FletcherBeaver said...

Gabriel, you're a trick...

Gabriel said...

Oh Christian, you know me too well.