Friday, May 21, 2010

Gotta Love a Day Off

I'm sitting on my balcony, first thing on this sunny day, drinking my first coffee. The world seems to be on a gentle cycle, quietly sliding passed. The sky is blue. The sun is warm. There is a gentle breeze on my skin.

My palms look healthy, that's plants not hands, I must water them before I go in.

A jogger with small, white, shorts and thick, hairy, thighs runs past. He's a fit lad, broad shoulders, narrow waist. A mother and her 3 year old son in wonder at the plants protruding through the front fence, head in the other direction. She has a tight grip on his little hand at the end of his extended arm, as he looks around. Cute.

The sun touches my toes for the first time, they curl instinctively and a tingle rushes up my spine.

No comments: