Saturday, May 08, 2010

Guido's His Usual Charming Self

Guido called back, he'll be here after work. That's right, I forgot, Guido's got a job, of all things. But, then again, what hasn't he done. 
He started off as a lawyer. "Yeah, well, I can't exactly go back to that, huh?" Then he got into business, something to do with the funding of new businesses, apparently, he is a whizz kid with numbers. And now he's in retail, something about a chain of shops.
"Do they know?"
"Know what?" said Guido. "You know, I always figured you for one of the smart ones."
"I just meant, maybe they are friends of yours."
"Nah," said Guido. "My ex-wife..."
"You have an ex-wife?"
"Yes... fuck, you don't know much, do you."
"I didn't know you had..."
"Anyway." Silent pause. "She thought it was a great joke, me being legit..."
"So, she knows?"
"Are you going to shut the fuck up and hear the answer?" I was silent again. "It's a friend of hers, she dared me and to cut a long story short, I've saved their arses."
"So, this is legit?"
"What's fucken legit in the business world?" he said. "Ends justifies the means, don't ever fucken forget that... and you'll go far. See you around 6." Click. Dial tone.

No comments: