Friday, May 07, 2010

Wandering Around Town

My car has been playing up, it is booked into the mechanic on Monday, and I'm not going to drive it until then. So, today, I caught public around town. I quite like trams and trains, there is something gentle and relaxing about them. I don't have to sit up and take notice of all the idiots around me. I can sit back and read my book, gaze out the window at the world passing by, perve on the cute guy up the carriage a bit, or fall asleep.

There is something very gentle about midday travel, that wash of day time freedom, slipping on and sliding off a vehicle not under your control. It's nice feeling the wind blow over me as I wait at a tram stop.

And wow. Everywhere I went today there seemed to be men in tracksuit pants, seemingly, with boxers, or no jocks. Just swinging in the breeze. Lovely.

Especially, the buff chef in the chef's pants, are chef's pants made from very thin material? The cute Italian in the dark blue trackies with 3 white stripes and not a clue, adorable. And the bulked up Indian boy in those low slung jeans, did he have his lunch roll stored down there? We can thank the universe for those three, not a lot left to the imagination, shall we say.

 

No comments: